Your First Ride
The first time riding your new eBike can be a little daunting, which is why we have helpful step-by-step instructions that walk you through opening, unboxing, folding, and all of the features so you can ride with confidence!
Here is our 'First Ride' YouTube video(s) that will walk you through how to set up your new eBike:
XP 2.0 First Ride Video
XP 3.0 First Ride Video
XP Lite First Ride Video
XPremium First Ride Video
XPedition First Ride Video
XP Trike First Ride Video
Below are some key points and steps from the User Manual that apply to all bikes!
*Click on the section to expand*
Inside the box, you will find your new bike, a charger, keys, and a digital user manual. Before removing the packaging material from the bike, remove all items from the box and make sure everything listed above is present. If anything is missing or damaged contact Lectric eBikes immediately for assistance.
The bike may require adjustments upon being received and unboxed, as shipping can sometimes be bumpy. When doing your first adjustment and inspecting the bike before riding, we recommend seeking professional help from a reputable, certified bicycle mechanic.
Unfold your bike and insert the handlebars or seat post depending on the model of bike. For more information please refer to the 'Unboxing' section in the user manual.
2. Check your seat post clamp and handlebar stem quick releases. Unlatch the quick releases and tighten by turning the bolt clockwise. Make sure both quick releases are tightened to the torque listed in the Recommended Torque Values section of the manual. The page number of this section can be found by referring to the table of contents at the beginning of the manual.
3. Ensure both your seat post and handlebar stem are inserted past their minimum insertion points as indicated by the markings on them. Reference the Preparing to Ride section of the manual for photos and complete instructions. Failure to insert past the minimum insertion point will place undue stress on these components increases the risk of sudden failure potentially resulting in harm, injury, or death.
4. Check to make sure your frame folding latch and handlebar folding latch are locked. Reference the Folding and Unfolding the Bike section of the manual for photos and complete instructions. The page number of this section can be found by referring to the table of contents at the beginning of the manual. Double-check to make sure both latches are secure and locked before riding. Failure to do so may result in the bike folding while in use potentially causing serious harm to the rider.
Turn the bike on
7. If the battery is not already inside the bike or on the mount, slide it inside of the frame or on the mount and lock it in position. Once the battery is secured, insert the key into the battery via the port (for the XP Lite & XP 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0s, the key port will be on the underbelly of the frame). See the Battery section of the manual for further information on the operation of the battery.
8. Push the key in firmly. Turn the keys clockwise to lock the battery to the bike, and turn it to the ON position. You will not be able to remove the keys on the non-XPremium eBikes.
9. Hold down the power button on the button pad located on the left handlebar until the display comes on.
Operating your bike
11. The right handlebar features a half-twist throttle. To operate the throttle, ensure the pedal assist level is set above 0, then twist the throttle back slowly according to how much speed and acceleration you want to achieve. The farther you twist the throttle from its resting position, the more power propels the bike forward. When the bike is at a complete stop, turn the display off. This will ensure that the motor will not activate until the display is turned back on and the rider is ready to go.
Note: Exercise extreme caution using the twist throttle. When at a complete stop with the bike turned on, be careful not to twist the throttle unknowingly or the bike could throw you off balance and cause serious harm, injury, or death.)
12. To turn on the headlight and tail light, press and hold the plus button on the button pad. The battery must be inside the bike when it is in its unfolded position in order for the headlight to work.
Now you're ready to ride! Happy trails!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at email@example.com or (602) 715-0907.