What type of maintenance should I be performing on my bike?
We recommend having your bike inspected by a certified and reputable bike mechanic before your first ride, followed by regular maintenance.
- Store your bike in a clean, dry place to avoid rust.
- Keep components tightened to the torque specifications listed in the Recommended Torque Values section of the user manual.
- Ensure the frame latch and handlebar latch are locked in place before riding.
- Clean and lubricate moving parts regularly.
- Clean your bike frame with a wet rag and low residue cleaner. After cleaning, lubricate where necessary.
- Ensure your bike tires are always inflated to a pressure within the recommended range printed on the tire sidewalls.
- Before each ride ensure all electrical wires are connected.
- Inflate your tires to the pressure listed on the tire sidewall.
- Lubricate the chain until there is little noise from the drivetrain; we recommend using Tri-Flow chain lubrication.
- Check that all hardware is tightened to the torque specifications listed in the Recommended Torque Values section of our user manual.
- Check your brake pads for signs of wear and replace them if necessary.
- Check your bike’s shifting performance and adjust the derailleur if necessary.
- Clean the bike frame with a low-residue cleaner; we recommend using Simple Green. Use a rag to dry everything completely.
- Check spoke tension and adjust if necessary. The recommended spoke tension can be found in the Recommended Torque Values section of our user manual.
Conduct Tune-Ups every 100 miles:
This Lectric Service Center video will walk you through best practices for maintaining your bike as you put mileage on it.
Each model of eBike will have slightly different components and requirements, and therefore the tune-up may vary. Please refer to your bike's User Manual for a more detailed guide on each model.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (602) 715-0907.